I'm currently migrating from HelloSign to Dropbox Sign and have encountered error that I did not experience with HelloSign.
My main question is: Can a signer be updated with an email address that has already been used by another signer who completed signing on the same signature request?
For example, say a signature request has two signers:
- Signer 1 has the email
Signer1@email.com and completes signing. - I then try to update Signer 2 to also use
Signer1@email.com. - The update to Signer 2 fails.
My initial testing indicates that reusing the same email address causes the update to fail. If I update Signer 2 with a different email address, it works successfully.
This is an important use case for us because over half of our submitted forms require more than one signer, and in some cases the same person needs to sign for multiple roles on the same form.
I'm trying to determine whether this is an intentional restriction in Dropbox Sign that differs from the previous HelloSign behavior, or if this could potentially be a bug.
For additional context, we use templates with multiple signers, Embedded Signing, and the Dropbox Sign .NET NuGet package.