I have spent literally dozens of hours trying to resolve this and reading existing posts on this to no avail. Sometime in the last few years, EVERY SINGLE dropbox file (in both my personal and business accounts for the organization I run) is blocked by Windows security. This means that EVERY time I open a Word/Excel/Powerpoint file, I have to first click the button to allow editing at the top before I can work with it, and ALL previewing of all pdfs is PERMANENTLY disabled due to security risks. I do not have (and have never had) any files set to "online only". This happens regardless of whether anyone else has ever edited the file.
I have already added all dropbox folders to trusted locations and changed the Windows permissions to stop doing "Mark of the Web", and followed practically every solution I can find listed online for dealing with this issue. While these changes work if applied to folders outside dropbox (e.g., my downloads folder), they have NO EFFECT on any files in Dropbox folders.
This is ruining my productivity. It adds endless extra clicks to everything I do (e.g., I edit a file, save it, reopen it seconds later, have to verify that I want to edit it [often after I have already searched, scrolled down, and highlighted something, which means I have to redo all of that after it is editable], and then I can final edit my own file); when I need to review hundreds of pdfs in a folder, I can't simply use the preview pane to quickly view one after the other (something I need to do often). I need an actual fix that will permanently stop Windows 11 from doing this. At this point I have disabled core security features in Windows just trying to get this to stop and it still hasn't worked but it has left my computer at much higher risk.
I would appreciate any help in stopping this behavior.