I have the Dropbox integration activated, but I do not get any option to save a signed document to a folder when I use a template. Alternatively, when I use a document in my folder (selecting the "Send for signature" option), I cannot use a template (I have to add fields every time and cannot make them required or format them). I've signed up for the free trial, and so far I have only been frustrated. I can't even change the document used in the template. When I do that, it erases all my fields and I have to start all over again. I have searched for tutorials and information on these issues and have only been able to answer my own questions by testing. Each test has yielded poor results. The best thing about Dropbox Sign is being able to sync with our Dropbox folders, but if we can't use templates and do that, it will only be making more work for us. If I have to download a PDF every time something is signed, I may as well use another e-signature service that has better tools. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Use case: We have several sponsors, and each one needs to sign an agreement. We want to fill in the company name and grant amount before sending for signature, but we also want to be sure the signer completes all fields (like mailing address, email, phone). We definitely want the date signed added to the form, which is why we're looking at e-signatures above just sending PDFs out.
We use Dropbox for file storage, so we don't want to have duplicate files. We want the signed documents to be saved in the respective sponsors' folders. I must be missing something, but I have not discovered yet how to accomplish this. (I cannot even figure out how to add the company name and grant amount before sending for signature - when you use the template, you only get to enter the signers and don't even get to edit anything before sending.) I thought I saw screenshots of someone being able to select the folder a form would be saved to, but I have not yet had that opportunity.
Please, someone let me know where I am going wrong?