cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Embedded mp3 files not playing

Force render issues (raw=1) and shared links won't work for hosting.

aRealHumanBartender
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

images were perfect on all browsers until yesterday afternoon - what is the fix or is this a dropbox issue?

117 Replies 117

Thomasogmax
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have found a link generator that creates links so that they can now be played. it's just a shame i now have to spend several days changing all the links

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/dropbox-direct-link-gener/eicoigkfdogflbbcoefagmejoopganmd

Stratoman
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Same here ....

toyheart
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

same issue here. when using the "raw=1" link, picture don't show in my obsidian notes, before is working fine.

pluginrevitmodels
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hello. I have the same problem. All links changed their behavior from one moment to the next.

Look at this example: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/su95ust5cesfgavoz8d2j/15-essmov-polt-womb-250324.zip?rlkey=mh7nwgqf2o33u27adz7vmj1bk&st=jgddg5es&dl=1

even dom dl=1 it redirects to a blank dropbox page.

It downloads but redirects to a blank page.

I've already tested it on several browsers, including in anonymous mode.

Stratoman
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Same here

Rossorio
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It works, thanks!

However, I'll wait a couple days to see if this gets fixed, I have more than 500 .mp3 files and changing links one by one would be too time consuming.

pluginrevitmodels
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello Dropbox Community,

I'm encountering an issue with my Dropbox links that should directly initiate downloads. Despite following the guidance on forcing downloads as outlined here: https://help.dropbox.com/pt-br/share/force-download

Force a file to download and using the dl=1 parameter, the downloads are not starting as expected.

Instead of triggering an immediate download, clicking on the link directs to a blank Dropbox page, and only then the download begins. I have tested this behavior across multiple browsers and also in incognito mode, but the issue persists.

To better illustrate the problem, I have recorded a short video demonstrating the behavior, which can be viewed here:

https://youtu.be/eIuqISa8pIk

Any guidance or assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Thiago 

Uploaded by Thiago Castanhari Educação on 2024-05-04.

aRealHumanBartender
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
so irritating and I’m simply going to have to use another host bc this is unacceptable

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@aRealHumanBartender wrote:
so irritating and I’m simply going to have to use another host bc this is unacceptable

That is exactly the issue - Dropbox isnt, and never ever has been, a web hosting tool. 

They have (on quite a few occasions now) done things which have stopped things rendering on websites and response has always been the same - Dropbox isnt a hosting platform, its a tool to collaborate and share 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Dropbox isnt a hosting site, it shouldnt be used as one for reasons exactly like this. Due to the number of posts on this today I suspect that there has been a decision to change how links work/render which has caused them to fail. This is not the first time they've done this, and it wont be the last. Similar posts are here (videos) and here (images)

Your best bet is to use a proper hosting site which is designed and intended to host.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?