cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earned and paid for storage space gone

Earned and paid for storage space gone

bxdrp
New member | Level 2

Many years ago I've earned about 8GB of free storage space by inviting friends. Two years ago I've upgraded my account from Basic to Family, and now I've downgraded it to Basic again.

By downgrading my storage space went back to 2GB. How can I get my 8GB back?

Also, I paid for a whole year of Dropbox Family in December 2023. By downgrading last month my storage space immediately went back to 2GB and Dropbox is not syncing anything because it's full. Shouldn't I have access to the 2TB storage space until December 2024? Should't I still be able to contact Dropbox directly with my questions (instead of chatbot and community), because I've paid for Family until the end of 2024?

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @bxdrp, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

You can confirm your current quota level from this page on your account, please let me know if is still 2 GB with a screenshot.

According to your payments page, when was the exact date you upgraded to a Dropbox Family plan?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?