cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox keeps spamming me about my storage space running out

Dropbox keeps spamming me about my storage space running out

BenJah
New member | Level 2

Dropbox keeps sending me emails and notifications about my storage space reaching its capacity, as if I've got 100 megabytes of it left or something. It says that if I won't buy another plan then I'm risking losing my files, and a dozen of variations of the same message.

I've been using Dropbox since 2010 and I've got a basic free plan of 2 gigs, but I've increased my storage space by inviting friends and doing "challenges", so now I have around 16 gigs of space and 13.5 of them are used. That is not "critically low on space" by any means, but I keep receiving so many spam notifications that it's starting to look threatening.

Either Dropbox has a bug in calculation how much space I have occupied by comparing it to the basic plan instead of actual space, or it's doing it on purpose to force me to pay. Also I cannot contact live support since I have a free plan.

I'm thankful to Dropbox for the service it provides but I'm pretty sure this is not how a service should treat its long-term customers. If this is a bug then I sincerely hope that it will be fixed as soon as possible.

firefox_tM0tnAnO7V.pngDropbox_Y7IWxz12OF.png

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @BenJah, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Generally, these emails are sent out if a Dropbox account reaches a certain level of quota usage based on the total quota, just to keep users informed.

Regarding the first image, are you seeing this on the site or the mobile app?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BenJah
New member | Level 2

Hi @Jay, thanks for the response!

Yes, I'm seeing this on the website.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info, we appreciate this feedback on how to improve the info provided to our users. 

We take all comments into consideration, and if you have any further suggestions, we'd be happy to hear them!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jetlag
New member | Level 2

Yeah I'm really sick of those emails too. I really don't need to be reminded constantly that I only have about 20% left. I already removed loads of unnecessary stuff. What's in there needs to be in there and I'm not planning on adding anything else 🙃

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jetlag New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    BenJah New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?