cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I'm unable to login with two step verification as all devices have been logged out

I'm unable to login with two step verification as all devices have been logged out

cindysmall12345
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there,

I am unable to login to my old dropbox account. I have the email address and password correct but I have logged out of all my linked devices so I can't get a code. This email address has also been deactivated so I can't seem to be able to do anything with it but I really need some files on there then I can deactivate this old account once I get the files from it. Any help would be greatly apreciated!

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @cindysmall12345 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please clarify if you're referring to a one time code to access your account or if you were talking about two-step authentication codes instead? 

Are you able to regain access or re-create the email address in question so that you can receive the code to log in?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there, Cindy. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

cindysmall12345
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the quick reply! this is what it says when i try to log in

"Additional authentication is required

We sent a code to [removed per the Community's Guidelines] and any devices you’ve linked to this account. Enter the code to continue."

I can't reactivate the email address as it is an old work one. 

I know my old password so i don't need to fix that its just that all of my devices have been logged out and to now log in anywhere it keeps saying its sent a code to my linked devices even though there aren't any.

I hope that makes sense!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I see, thanks for the additional information, Cindy. 

In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team for further assistance. 

To do so, make sure to use an incognito window without signing into any Dropbox account and fill in this form with all the relevant information and an email address you can access at this time. 

Once you do this and get a ticket from our system, you can share it with us here so that we can look it up as well, if needed. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?