cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Boxcryptor

End to End Encryption Coming?

morkus
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I read that Dropbox will be starting to roll out end-to-end encryption (where they don't have the keys to read content if they chose to).

Does anyone know when this feature will be available?

Since iCloud now has this End-to-end encryption feature with its "Advanced Data Protection", I may just need to opt for that instead if Dropbox isn't going to implement this security soon.

Thanks,

28 Replies 28

DanniViolet
Explorer | Level 3

Hello!

Would anyone know how I add Boxcryptor to my Dropbox Account? Thank you in advance. 

Mark
Super User II

You must be part of an Enterprise Business plan. 

It is not available to home users.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DanniViolet
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Mark. I will try and find another encryption tool. I have downloaded thousands of photos already, can I add an encryption service afterwards? Thanks!

Mark
Super User II

@DanniViolet wrote:

Thank you Mark. I will try and find another encryption tool. I have downloaded thousands of photos already, can I add an encryption service afterwards? Thanks!

That'll depend upon the tool I'm afraid. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DanniViolet
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Mark. I have installed Cryptomator, but I have no idea whether my photos are end to end encrypted. The problem that technology and me don't go together. Would you be able to help me with this if possible please?

Mark
Super User II

You will need to contact the developers Im afraid. I'm not aware of any of these products as I don't use them and wouldn't want to advise anything due to risk of data loss.

apfund
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi, 

we are currently looking for customers who would like to join the early access program of our native implementation of end-to-end encryption. 

If you are the team admin of your Dropbox account and would like to test this new feature, please sign up here. 
Thank you!

c_my_name_is
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

April 2024 is nearly over - any updates on the public launch?

apfund
Dropbox Product Manager
Go to solution

Hi, 

I wanted to let you know that we have launched our end-to-end encryption today. More details can be found here and here
High level overview: 
You can now add end-to-end encryption to team folders. The functionality is available for our Advanced, Business Plus and Enterprise customers at no additional costs. 

Thank you, 
Andrea

Need more support?