cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Embedded not working with /scl links.

Dropbox Embedded not working with /scl links.

kevin g.1
Helpful | Level 6

Our site uses the dropbox embedder to display shared folder content with our users. The problem we're having is that the newer shared links that are created with a /scl url prefix won't work with the embedder. The older shared links created with /sh prefix work fine however. When a user with the /scl style link tries to view the embedder they are prompted to 'request access' which then sends us an email and notification that '<name> is requesting access.'  I've compared the meta data between the working and non-working links and don't see any real difference that would explain the behavior. I've also tested the non-working links in an incognito window to see if navigating directly to the link works (vs using the embeddder) and they work fine.  Is this a known issue? Anything else I should explore to try to get the embedder to work for these links? Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

suspect Dropbox has disabled the rendering of them - this isnt the first time they've done that. 

Have you asked the API team for help?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

kevin g.1
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for the reply. I'll post it over there.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@kevin g.1 wrote:

Our site uses the dropbox embedder to display shared folder content with our users. The problem we're having is that the newer shared links that are created with a /scl url prefix won't work with the embedder. ...

Hi @kevin g.1,

Everything works with any kind of Dropbox links new or old, to file or folder. Do you certain haven't broken your link somehow?

Keep in mind that Dropbox Embedder works, but you cannot use raw link right now (as a direct embed; without Embedder), unfortunately.

What exactly doesn't work for you? Can you give some example?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    kevin g.1 Helpful | Level 6
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?