cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync history shows randomly deleted files. Dropbox.com deleted files tab show no deleted files. HELP

Sync history shows randomly deleted files. Dropbox.com deleted files tab show no deleted files. HELP

musialri
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My desktops toolbar sync history shows a large amount of files and folders were recently deleted and are now missing from my desktops Dropbox folder. I did not manually delete or move any of these files from Dropbox myself.

I logged onto dropbox.com to search the deleted files and there is no history of these files being deleted on dropbox.com. I've also tried the rewind of all my folders that still exist to the date where everything else was deleted and it did not recover anything. Has anyone else experienced this and can offer me solution to get the missing files back? The files disappeared 15 days ago.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

musialri
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just figured this out. I went to Admin Console > Content  and and found the missing folders and files. I had to reshare the missing folder with dropbox and it popped back up in my desktop files.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@musialri wrote:

I logged onto dropbox.com to search the deleted files and there is no history of these files being deleted on dropbox.com.

What does your Events page show?

musialri
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just figured this out. I went to Admin Console > Content  and and found the missing folders and files. I had to reshare the missing folder with dropbox and it popped back up in my desktop files.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

musialri New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?