cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Force render not working on a Wordpress site

Force render issues (raw=1) and shared links won't work for hosting.

aRealHumanBartender
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

images were perfect on all browsers until yesterday afternoon - what is the fix or is this a dropbox issue?

117 Replies 117

Stratoman
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

All my photo links on the geocaching.com site have stopped working when using the /scl/ link.
the old /s/ links still work.
Tried dl=1 and raw=1
Tried on Chrome & Firefox.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Stratoman, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try these steps to see if they help with your shared links?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Msloane2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Been using the raw=1 code at the end of Dropbox links to load images to a Wordpress site that has very limited local storage. All of the images uploaded with this link are no longer loading, but images from the web are still working fine.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Msloane2, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Just for clarification, when you say 'images from the web', do you mean when you open the shared link from outside of the Wordpress site?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Msloane2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
The Wordpress feature to upload images via link is working fine, as copying an image link from elsewhere on the internet and using that to upload an image is working as normal. It is just the Dropbox links that aren’t.
Copying the link directly from Dropbox and going to the url from outside of Wordpress brings the image up without an issue.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like the link itself is working normally in that case. This would be an issue with how Wordpress is processing the image link. Have you tried contacting them directly regarding this matter?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

amensar
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Jay, I've had the same issue, the thing that worked for me is this: 

https://dl.dropbox.com/scl/fi/<token>/path.jpg?rlkey=<token>&dl=0
  • Replacing www with dl works exactly like a ?raw=1 link: this will directly render content for public links in the browser. It requires following an HTTP 302 redirect.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/scl/fi/<token>/path.jpg?rlkey=<token>&dl=0
  • Works like a ?raw=1 link, but the application or browser will not need to follow an HTTP 302 redirect to access the content.

the other options are not functionning anymore, please what's the reason behind this strange behavior ?

Greenlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm seeing a related problem. On an animation forum where I've shared hundreds of images for training and demonstration, I'm now seeing broken image links.

These images were shared from my Dropbox account using raw=1 in the link path, and this had worked perfectly for many years. The images broke sometime this morning.

I checked various browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge,) and the images shared with Dropbox appear broken in all of them.

I had wondered if this was temporary server issue on Dropbox's end, but it's been like this all day.

Thanks in advance for any assistance! 

kelvinb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

iframe embed stopped working on a client's website. All of her videos are embedded by iframe and were fine until this morning. Now we just get www.dropbox.com refused to connect.

The links are still valid and videos are working in dropbox, just not where embedded. Has something changed or is there a problem with dropbox?

kelvinb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Did you get a fix? All of my iframe embedded videos using the raw=1 change in the link have stopped working on Wordpress too. 

Need more support?